Troy J. Strader, Ph.D.
Aliber Distinguished Professor of Information Systems
|Information Systems Department
College of Business & Public Administration
2507 University Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50311-4505
|Office: 332 Aliber
CLASS WEB PAGES
Information Systems 194 - Electronic Commerce
VITA AND SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
Complete Vita - August 2013
- Troy J. Strader (Ed.), Digital Product Management, Technology and Practice: Interdisciplinary Perspectives,
Hershey, PA: IGI Global, 2011.
- Brian E. Mennecke and Troy J. Strader (Eds.), Mobile Commerce: Technology, Theory and Applications,
Hershey, PA: Idea Group Publishing, 2002 (paperback version published in 2003).
- Michael J. Shaw, Robert Blanning, Troy J. Strader, and Andrew B. Whinston (Eds.), Handbook on Electronic
Commerce, Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1999 (soft-cover version published in 2000).
SELECTED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Richard B. Carter, Troy J. Strader and Frederick H. Dark, “The IPO Window of Opportunity for Digital Product and Service
Firms,” Electronic Markets, 22(4), December 2012, pp. 255-266.
- Troy J. Strader, Sridhar N. Ramaswami, and Philip A. Houle, “Perceived Network Externalities and Communication
Technology Acceptance,” European Journal of Information Systems, 16(1), February 2007, pp. 54-65.
- Michael S. Piwowar, Troy J. Strader and Richard B. Carter, "Traditional and Online IPO Processes: Are there
Differences in Aftermarket Trading and Market Making?" Electronic Commerce Research, 4(4), October 2004, pp. 373-391.
- Troy J. Strader and Sridhar N. Ramaswami, “Investor Perceptions of Traditional and Online Channels,”
Communications of the ACM, 47(7), July 2004, pp. 73-76.
- Troy J. Strader and Sridhar N. Ramaswami, "The Value of Seller Trustworthiness in Consumer-to-Consumer Online Markets,"
Communications of the ACM, 45(12), December 2002, pp. 45-49.
- Sridhar N. Ramaswami, Troy J. Strader, and Karen Brett, “Determinants of Online Channel Use for Purchasing Financial
Products,” International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 5(2), Winter 2000-2001, pp. 95-118.
- Richard B. Carter, Troy J. Strader and Sree Nilakanta, “Online Investment Banking Phase I: Distribution via the Internet
and its Impact on IPO Performance," Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 1(6), August 2000.
- Troy J. Strader, Richard B. Carter and Sree Nilakanta, “Characteristics of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) Issued through
Internet-Based Investment Banks,” Electronic Markets, 9(4), Winter 1999, pp. 269-273 (In print April 2000).
- Troy J. Strader and Anthony R. Hendrickson, “Consumer Opportunity, Ability and Motivation as a Framework for Electronic
Market Research,” Electronic Markets, 9(1&2), June 1999, pp. 5-8.
- Troy J. Strader, Fu-Ren Lin and Michael J. Shaw, “Information Infrastructure for Electronic Virtual Organization Management,”
Decision Support Systems, 23(1), May 1998, pp. 75-94.
- Troy J. Strader and Michael J. Shaw, “Characteristics of Electronic Markets,” Decision Support Systems, 21(3), November 1997,